The mission for the Accountant is to help maintain a department that is passionate about leadership development, personal growth, revenue growth and profitability; and about meeting commitments on a timely basis. To continue to foster the “services” department function between departments, to drive our collective Core Focus of making properties better and to improve the quality of life.
- Deliver accurate cash and accrual financial statements to owners by the 15th-25th of each month.
- Accurate, timely delivery of tenant invoices.
- Accurate monthly owner distribution calculations.
- Process late fee calculations/postings.
- Accurate data entry of accounts payable invoices and tenant receipts.
- Assist with monthly bank statement reconciliations.
- Maintain vendor insurance certificates – notify and track expirations.
- Monthly update of CPI index in computer software.
- Order kitchen and office supplies, maintain accurate inventory.
- Accurately assemble monthly financial statements for distribution to owners.
- Annual preparation/submission of use tax returns and 1099’s as required.
- Annual preparation and submission of trust account reconciliations to Real Estate Board.
- Maintain timely filing of accounts payable invoices/payments.
- Annual boxing/preparation of prior year payable files for storage, including creating vendor files for upcoming year.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Highly effective commitment to teamwork
- Contains high initiative and self-direction
- Positive Attitude
- Possess deductive reasoning – research/analytical skills
- Knowledge and adherence to accepted accounting standards
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Proactive, Creative, and Innovative
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years accounts payable/data entry experience preferred
- Job involves in-office work hours Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:00 pm; Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Exceptional employee benefits – compensation to be discussed depending on experience